Securus Technologies, a prominent service provider in the fast-rising corrections market, has challenged its main competitor, GTL, to a technology bake off. In this contest, an independent technology judge will establish who has the biggest and innovative product set, the most advanced high-tech telephone-calling platform, ideal client service, and other related metrics.
Richard Smith’s comments
Securus’ CEO, Mr. Rick Smith, stated that GTL has been issuing statements claiming that its customer services and technology solutions are on the same level with those of Securus Technologies. Therefore, he wants an independent judge to carry out an intensive evaluation of product sets, ranging from customer service models and calling platforms of both companies. He said that comparing Securus’ products with those of GTL is unfair. Over the past four years, Securus has invested more than $700 million in acquiring technologies, tech companies, development of products coupled with a sophisticated Technology Center, and a reliable U.S. Customer Service Center. On the other hand, GTL has only invested a small proportion of what Securus has invested.
What makes Securus to Standout from GTL?
- Securus Technologies boasts an extensive product set of unique services for the corrections industry.
- Securus manages an in-house call center operated by its employees. On the contrary, GTL outsources a bigger part of its client service.
- Securus leverages its competent field technicians to provide products and services while GTL has resulted to contracting a significant amount of its work to non-employees.
- Securus goes to the history books for creating the world’s biggest calling platform, Voice Over Internet Protocol Corrections.
- GTL has lost a significant number of its customers to Securus Technologies.
About Securus Technologies
Securus Technologies continues to demonstrate its strong will to serve and connect by delivering technology solutions, including emergency response, biometric analysis, inmate self-service, monitoring products, and communication services to the corrections market. The firm has continued to attract more clients since its establishment. For instance, the company helps 1,200,000 detainees to strengthen their relationships with their loved ones and friends through communication. Over 3,450 facilities depend on products and solutions supplied by Securus to operate smoothly.